Good for everyone...
Shorter commute. Cleaner environment...
- Reduced carbon footprint – road transport accounts for 22% of total UK emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) a major contributor to climate change. Trains add another 1% to this. Work local and it should mean fewer train and car journeys leading to a healthier and happier planet.
- More walking / cycling – not only are walking and cycling amongst the greenest way to commute, you also burn calories! A five miles round trip on a bike will burn more than 200 calories.
- Less congestion – working local could also mean sharing a lift and so reducing road congestion and producing fewer emissions, all leading to a cleaner environment for everyone.
...healthier local economy
- Reviving the high street – working and spending money locally helps revive local economies and helps create vibrant communities.
- More social – whether it's popping over to a local deli or coffee shop, working locally creates many more opportunities for social interaction.
- More opportunities for all – great talent working for great companies creates more opportunities for all.